DOK.Incubator: Who's in?
The 2012 DOK.Incubator workshop projects have started their carrier in the most prestigious festivals all over the world. IDFA, CPH:DOX, DOK Leipzig, MoMA Documentary Fortnight, True / False Festival, Visions du Réel Nyon, Hot Docs, Documentary Edge Auckland, and – most brilliant – the Best Directing Award at SUNDACE 2013, these are the trophies of the films, edited and developed within last year edition.
DOK.Incubator accepts only eight feature documentary projects in the rough cut stage to work with them individually for six months on the strongest dramaturgy of the final cut and a clever distribution and marketing strategy. The initiative has just announced this year selection results:
- The Life of a Butterfly by Piotr Bernaś | Poland
- 16 Years 'til Summer by Lou McLoughlan | UK, Iceland
- SUKHANOV by Svetlana Strelnikova | Russia
- Okhwan, Mission Impossible by Marek Mackovic | Slovakia
- Cooper´s Challenge by Karen Stokkendal Poulsen | Denmark
- Besence Open by Kristóf Kovács | Hungaria
- Pit-hole by Jiří Stejskal | Czech Republic
- Chuck Norris vs. Communism by Ilinca Calugareanu | Romania
Read more on the selected projects here.
DOK.Incubator starts the first of total three workshop sessions in June in Wroclaw. Among this year's editing coaches are Per K. Kirkegaard (DK), editor of Emmy best editing awarded Armadillo, the Lars von Trier editor Jacob Thuesen (DK), the most awarded German editor Gesa Marten (DE) and Wolfgang Widerhofer (AT), scriptwriter, producer and editor of Nicolaus Geyhalter films.
Please note: For Polish and Czech documentary film-makers the first workshop is open and they can discuss their projects individually with the tutors. The deadline of the applications for these individual consultation is May 20th at www.dokincubator.net.