Another Year of Records for the Festival!
It may seem unbelievable that DOK Leipzig continues to break attendance records every year. But the numbers don’t lie. They speak to the national and international success of the festival year after year.
The 58th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film proved again in 2015 to be a crowd puller – 48,000 attendees watched nearly 320 films in packed cinemas. That means our audience has more than doubled in the last ten years! So once again we can say that DOK Leipzig is one of the most popular contemporary audience festivals in eastern Germany and one of the largest and most important documentary film festivals in the world.
But the Leipzig Festival is not just a magnet for audiences. It has also become an internationally recognised industry gathering. Some 1,750 industry guests from numerous countries, including filmmakers, producers, editors, and buyers, came last year to take advantage of our multifaceted industry offerings.
In the DOK Industry and DOK Training segment, we introduced inventive event formats for young talents and experienced professionals alike – including the completely sold-out presentations of new cross-media projects and the successful Net Lab, a workshop for current cross-media projects with coaching from international experts. As in every year, the International Co-Production Meeting also offered participating producers, as well as potential project partners and financiers, well-used opportunities for new documentary projects.
To sum up: the 58th DOK Leipzig was our most successful festival ever!
As you can see, DOK Leipzig explores themes that are relevant to society, attracts a dedicated and young audience to the cinema and is a highly recognised industry platform in the international festival world. Every year we work hard to develop the festival further, and you can be sure that your commitment to DOK Leipzig helps us do exactly that. The support of all our sponsor companies enables us year after year to enrich the quality and scope of the festival with new initiatives and to further expand DOK Leipzig successfully. We invite you to come on board!
Who visits DOK Leipzig and DOK Industry?
- Approx. 48,000 festival viewers
- Approx. 1,750 international industry guests: editors, producers, filmmakers, distributors, TV buyers, sales agents, journalists, cinema operators, film technicians, and equipment suppliers to the film industry
Why become a sponsor?
- To meet international decision-makers from the documentary film industry
- To reach a large, young, educated regional and national audience
- To engage with industry insiders from the nonfiction world
- To generate more business and revenue opportunities
- To discuss and shape industry developments with leading experts
- To introduce your business to new partners and customers
- To highlight the cultural engagement of your company
- To promote media literacy and civic-mindedness
- To show your support for your industry
- To take advantage of special DOK offers for sponsors
Ways to present yourself at DOK Leipzig
Make the most of it and present yourself on our web site, on A0 and A1 posters, street banners, in programmes and catalogues, on lanyards, T-shirts, bags and VIP-vehicles. During festival week you could be host of individual events, donate a prize for selected films, present a specific film programme exclusively, or place your own promotion.
If you are interested in these opportunities, I can develop an individual sponsorship package to fit your strategic goals. Get in touch to find out more.