"La Paloma en el cine"
Under the title La Paloma en el cine: Utopía y Liberación the Goethe-Institute Mexiko in Mexico City is screening a film programme curated by the film festivals DOK Leipzig and Ambulante, Gira de Documentales.
Dr. Grit Lemke, head of the documentary programme at DOK Leipzig, who is also in charge of DOK Leipzig's film selection for the programme, writes in her curatorial statement: "(...) the documentary film – that means the artistic as distinguished from the television documentary as journalistic format – [is], due to its basic approach, utopian and devoted to the idea of liberation: as self-determined, unlimited subjective view, as expression of an individual's reality and, therefore, always as an alternative concept to predominant discourses. In this sense, the films free from the dictates of formats, of markets and stereotypes. DOK Leipzig – as the oldest and one of the most renowned documentary film festivals in the world – has commited itself to exactly those films."
Amongst others, the following films are screened in the programme:
- Louisa by Katharina Pethke (Germany 2011, 62 mins.) - DOK Leipzig 2011: Golden Dove German Competition Documentary Film
- Ascension by Pawel Medwedew (Russia 2008, 48 mins.)
- Cosmic Station by Bettina Timm (Germany 2008, 30 mins.)
- Herz des Himmels Herz der Erde by Frauke Sandig (Germany/USA 2011, 98 mins.)
- Assume Nothing by Kirsty MacDonald (New Zealand 2009, 81 mins.)
La Paloma en el cine: Utopía y Liberación
Ciclo de cine curado por los festivales fílmicos DOK Leipzig y Ambulante, Gira de Documentales.
Ciclo de cine
22 al 29 de noviembre del 2012, 19:30 hrs.
Auditorio del Goethe-Institut Mexiko, Tonalá 43, 06700 Roma Norte, Ciudad de México
subtítulos en español
The complete programme and further information can be found here.