2nd DOK Leipzig Net Lab 2012
An Exclusive One-Day Lab on Interactive Storytelling and Media Architecture
Saturday, 3 November 2012, 9:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Mediencampus Villa Ida
With invitation only.
The DOK Leipzig Net Lab 2012 offers an intense day of individual support for your cross media project, with an in-depth look at interactive storytelling and media architecture. Our goal is to help you to discover fresh and creative ways of interactive storytelling, strengthen your project’s non-linear dramaturgy and develop a suitable media architecture. We want you to join forces with media professionals from across different disciplines for to draw the very best out of your ideas.
After a hard decision-making process with a huge number of qualified submissions we are happy to announce the six Net Lab projects for this year's workshop:
- Äidin toive / Mother's Wish (Finland) by Joonas Berghäll and the team from Oktober Oy.
- The Bolivian Case (Australia/ Norway/ Bolivia) by Violeta Ayala (United Notions Film), Sheerien Salindera (United Notions Film) and producer Torstein Nybo (Mediamente AS)
- Counterterrorism (UK) produced by Francesco Ragazzi and team(Vezfilm Limited)
- Le Corps, une autobiographie / The Body, an autobiography (France) by Olivier Lassu
- Los Increíbles / The Incredibles (Germany/ Spain) by producer-duo Natalia Imaz (parabellum film ) and Luisa Romeo (Frida Films)
- With Wings and Roots (Germany/ USA) directed by Christina Antonakos-Wallace and produced by Michael Truckenbrodt (time prints)
Our tutors for 2012, Katerina Cizek (documentary film-maker and multimedia collaborator of Highrise/ Out my Window), Vincent Morisset (director, inventor and programmer of sprawl2/ Bla Bla/ Neon Bible and founder of AATOAA), Noam Roubah (producer of interactive media projects e.g. Brèves de Trottoir and founder of darjeeling prod.) and Lena Thiele (media-developer and creative director of international transmedia productions including Farewell Comrades) are looking forward to bringing their vast knowledge of highly-praised interactive cross media projects to the table and share their experiences with the chosen participants.
The lab will be held in English.
Ilo von Seckendorff & Frédéric Dubois
Web reporter and project manager, Berlin/GER
National Film Board of Canada, Toronto/CAN
Studio AATOAA, Montréal/CAN
Darjeeling Prod., Paris/ FRA
Design Thinking, Berlin/GER