DOK Co-Pro Market
The Co-Pro Market features 35 international documentary and animated documentary projects in development and matches project holders with new partners for co-production, financing and distribution. The Co-Pro Market expands networks, creates fruitful opportunities for new creative documentaries and affords glimpses into the documentary crystal ball to see future paths towards sustainability and equality.
Over two days, DOK Industry organises 850+ curated one-on-one meetings and plenty of informal networking opportunities in a friendly and welcoming setting. The 18th Co-Pro Market takes place 17-18 October 2022 in Leipzig, Germany.
Partner delegations are invited to participate in the Co-Pro Market Open Programme that takes place alongside the main market activities. The programme consists of informal networking offers and discussions led by international experts who share their knowledge on the international market and co-production.
We are excited to launch the Call for Projects for the 18th DOK Co-Pro Market! While age is just a number, we feel as curious, adventurous and energetic as any 18-year-old and are looking forward to seeing which projects you are bringing forth this year.
What kind of projects are we looking for?
- ambitious, creative, author-driven documentary and animated documentary projects from all over the world
- projects in development or early stages of production
- feature-length documentaries suitable for theatrical release
- one-offs and series are also welcome to apply
- documentaries with an international audience in mind
How to submit?
The deadline for submissions is 21 July 2022. Read the Co-Pro Market guidelines (PDF) and start the submission process here. Please note that you need to login to your myDOK account – or register for a new one – to access the submission area.
We can’t wait to discover your new projects!
Awards presented at the 2021 edition were:
- The Saxon Award for the Best Documentary Project by a Female Director came with a 5,000 € prize and was sponsored by the Saxon State Ministry for Science, Culture and Tourism (SMWK).
- The Current Time TV Award, along with 1,500 €, went to a project from Central or Eastern Europe.
- The EWA Diverse Voices Award was introduced as a brand-new award by the European Women’s Audiovisual Network and came along with 1,000 € donated by EWA and a year-long mentorship by DOK Leipzig.
u [dot] schmidt [at] dok-leipzig [dot] de
+49 (0)341 30864-1081
Want to discover the documentary projects that have been part of the Co-Pro Market in recent years?