The Leipziger Dok-Filmwochen GmbH , represented by Christoph Terhechte, Katharinenstraße 17, 04109 Leipzig, district court Leipzig, HRB-3589 (hereinafter referred to as “Provider”) organizes the International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Fil – DOK Leipzig (hereinafter referred to as “Festival”) and thereby offers end customers a video on demand service (hereinafter referred to as “Dok Stream”), within the scope of which the use of selected films and other audiovisual content (hereinafter referred to as “Content”) is enabled by way of video on demand against payment of a fee or free of charge.
The VoD service is available on the provider's website as an embedded player (“Embed Player”).
The contractual partner of the end customer is the provider. The processing is carried out by PANTAFLIX Technologies GmbH (“PANTAFLIX”), Neue Schönhauser Straße 16, 10178 Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 172999 B, on behalf and for the account of the provider.
“Accredited Guests”: The scope of the authorization to use the content or other provided offers of the Provider are described in the accreditation. Accredited guests must authenticate themselves on the provider's website.
- Deviating or supplementary terms and conditions of the end customer shall not apply unless they have been accepted by the supplier in writing.
- For the conclusion of a contract on the use of the content provided within the scope of the Dok Stream between the Provider and an end customer (hereinafter referred to as "User Contract"), the complete and correct entry of requested data via the input mask provided by the Provider for this purpose and the performance of any required age verification procedure by the end customer is required (insofar as age verification is required, the end customer's offer to conclude a User Contract is subject to the successful performance of the age verification procedure). By clicking the button "Order with obligation to pay", the end customer's order is transmitted to the provider. The contract of use is then concluded by the activation of the respective content by the provider. The activation and the conclusion of the usage contract will be confirmed to the end customer by e-mail. There is no entitlement to use the VOD service.
- The End Customer's offers to conclude a User Agreement shall be binding on the End Customer. The Provider shall not be obliged to accept the offer of an End Customer to conclude a Framework Agreement or a User Agreement.
- The respective service descriptions including the price details are listed in the respective offer and are part of the respective contract of use.
- The data of the end customer and the text of the contract provided in connection with the conclusion of a contract of use shall not be stored. The text of the contract shall be sent to the end customer by e-mail after the conclusion of the contract of use.
- The end customer can continuously correct his entries via the keyboard and mouse functions within the framework of the conclusion of the user contract. In addition, when entering his data, the end customer is provided with technical means with which a customary completeness and plausibility check is carried out and with the help of which input errors can be detected and corrected).
- The right of use granted to the end customer who has purchased the ticket categories "Individual On Demand" or "Festival Pass" is geographically limited to the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. The right of use is limited to the respective current location of the end customer, whereby the cross-border portability of online content services in the European single market is guaranteed in the event of temporary stays of the end customer in another member state of the European Union.
The preservation of the territorial limitation of the use of the provided content by the provider is technically guaranteed by geo-blocking in compliance with the legal requirements.
The Provider shall be entitled to obtain the information required to determine the Member State of residence of the respective End Customer in accordance with the Regulation on cross-border portability of online content services in the internal market or to carry out the measures required for this purpose, if applicable.
- The right of use granted to the Accredited Guest entitles the Accredited Guest to play the content from its respective location, unless otherwise notified.
- Once a user contract has been concluded, the provider shall make the respective content available to the end customer for retrieval - depending on the type and content of the usage contract - by way of individual retrieval, as part of the Festival Pass or as part of accreditation (if included in the scope of services) in accordance with the following provisions. The end customer can see from the respective service description of a content under which conditions the content is offered. The end customer receives a so-called ticket ID with which he/she can access the content or contents.
- Single retrieval: In the event of the conclusion of a usage agreement entitling to a single retrieval, the End Customer may use the Content as follows:
- The end customer can play the content for the purpose of immediate perception via the VoD service, i.e. - with the exception of so-called buffering - without intermediate storage by way of streaming on the end device of the respective end customer during the usage period.
- After the initial start of a playback process, the end customer can replay the respective content as often as desired within a period of 48 hours.
- After expiration of one of the deadlines listed above under 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, it is no longer possible to play the content.
- The End Customer is granted only the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right, limited in time to the periods specified in 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, to make the Content perceptible for (a) its own commercial purposes, provided the End Customer is an Accredited Guest, or (b) private purposes. The end customer is not granted any further rights of use. In particular, the End Customer is not entitled to permanently store the Content in whole or in part, to reproduce it beyond the aforementioned scope, to modify it, to make it publicly accessible, to sell it or to use it for commercial purposes.
- Festival Passes/Accredited Guests: In the event of purchasing a Festival Pass or as an Accredited Guest (if included in the scope of services), the End Customer may use the Content as follows:
- The end customer may play the content for the purpose of immediate perception via the VOD service, i.e. - with the exception of so-called buffering - without intermediate storage by way of streaming on an end device of the respective end customer play as many times as you like during the usage period from 25.11.2021 up to and including 14.11.2021
- The end customer has no right to a specific content, unless a specific content was expressly promised to him in the service description. The provider reserves the right to change the content and the respective price and service description (e.g. by updating and changing the content) if this is required by valid reasons, the customer is not objectively placed in a significantly worse position by the change and the change is reasonable for the customer.
- The End Customer is granted only the non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right, limited in time to the online availability of the Content, to make the Content perceptible for (a) its own commercial purposes, if the End Customer is an Accredited Guest, or (b) for private purposes by way of streaming. The end customer is not granted any further rights of use. In particular, the end customer is not entitled to permanently store the content in whole or in part, to reproduce it beyond the aforementioned scope, to modify it, to make it publicly accessible, to sell it or to use it for commercial purposes.
The end customer may use the presented services of the Dok Stream on up to five (5) registered end devices. One stream per end customer is available at the same time.
The purchase of a ticket of the ticket categories "single call " and "festival pass" is possible from 7/10/2021, 0 o'clock until 14/11/2021, 23:59 o'clock at the latest.
The Content may only be played by the End Customer from 1/11/2021 until 14/11/2021 at the latest ("Usage Period"). From 15/11/2021 day, 0 o'clock, no more content can be played. Purchased tickets are valid only during the Festival Usage Period. Unredeemed tickets or unplayed content will expire without any right to refund or credit upon the expiration of 14/11/2021.
- The end customer requires an Internet connection and an Internet-capable end device (e.g. PC, Mac, smartphone, tablet) to use the Dok Stream. The end customer is responsible for the procurement, use and compatibility of the required hardware and software.
- It is the responsibility of the end customer to ensure that his end device meets the technical system requirements, in particular for the high-resolution display and streaming of content, if applicable. The display quality of the content may differ from end device to end device and depend on various hardware and software factors such as the up-to-dateness of the operating system and browser, the location, the available bandwidth and/or the speed of the end customer's Internet connection. The authorized end devices can be viewed here: https://support.pantaflix.com/hc/en-us/articles/209300989-Which-devices-can-I-rent-and-watch-on.
- The use of the Dok Stream leads to further costs for the end customer, especially with time or volume tariffs. Against this background, the provider recommends a so-called flat rate. For the reception of content in standard resolution (SD), the provider recommends a broadband Internet connection with an (actual) download speed of at least 2 Mbits/s. For the reception of high-definition content (HD), the provider recommends an (actual) download speed of at least 5.0 Mbits/s. Bandwidths below this recommendation only allow limited use of the VoD service with significant quality losses.
- The end Customer warrants that all information provided to the Provider is always truthful.
- If the end Customer does not provide the information required and requested by the Provider to determine the Member State of residence pursuant to the Regulation on cross-border portability of online content services in the internal market, or does not provide such information completely or truthfully, or if the End Customer fails to cooperate in any other way required in this context, with the result that the Provider is unable to determine the Member State of residence of the End Customer, the End Customer shall not be entitled to use the content on a cross-border basis within the meaning of the aforementioned Regulation. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not affect any rights granted to the end customer on the basis of the concluded usage agreements to use the content in countries other than his Member State of residence.
- The end customer may not misuse the Dok Stream; in particular, he may not
- not rent, resell or otherwise offer the services of the Provider to third parties on a business basis;
- pass on the Ticket ID received to third parties or make it available in any other way;
- not tamper with the digital key transmitted to decrypt and play the content;
- do not circumvent the territorial limitation of use (especially by geo-blocking) of the provided content (e.g. circumvention by means of VPN client or tunnel);
- Do not change copyright and proprietary notices;
- Only present, allow to be presented or otherwise make available to children or young people content that is approved for the respective age group.
- In the event of culpable violations by the End Customer arising from the contractual relationship between the Provider and the End Customer, the End Customer shall be liable to the Provider for all damages, costs and other expenses and shall indemnify the Provider against any claims and third party claims arising as a result thereof.
- In the event of a significant breach of duty by the End Customer (e.g. in the event of default of payment) as well as in the event of justified substantial suspicion of a significant breach of duty, the Provider shall be entitled to withhold the respective service or the availability of the functionality to which the breach relates within the scope of the statutory provisions. In the aforementioned cases, as well as in particular in the event of suspicion of untrue or false information by the end customer, in the event of unauthorized disclosure of access data or in the event of default of payment, the provider is furthermore entitled to temporarily block access to the service by the end customer.
- The Provider shall immediately resume the service or lift the block if it becomes apparent that the suspicions were unfounded and/or a significant breach of duty by the Customer does not exist or no longer exists. In doing so, the Provider shall ensure that the Customer can use the agreed service in accordance with the agreement in the usage contract. The right of the Provider to terminate for cause remains unaffected
- The end customer undertakes to pay the usage fee shown for the respective offer for the content and the respective type of usage. The stated usage fee is the total price and includes the applicable statutory value-added tax. The usage fee shall become due immediately upon provision of the service.
- Various means of payment are available to the end customer, which are specified on the respective offer page. Payment of the usage fees can only be made by these approved means of payment.
- The obligation to pay the usage fee shall also apply if third parties use content via the end customer's access and the end customer is responsible for such use.
The Provider shall endeavor to ensure the permanent and continuous availability as well as the error-free functionality of the Dok Stream during the term of the contract. The Provider may restrict the accessibility and operation of the Dok Stream for technical reasons, provided that the security of network operation, the maintenance of network integrity, in particular the avoidance of serious disruptions of the network, the software or stored data, the interoperability of the services or data protection require this. The Provider shall carry out maintenance work on the Dok Stream, if necessary, with such maintenance work taking place at times of low usage. If maintenance work is planned, the Provider shall inform about it and announce it by means of suitable measures.
Consumers are entitled to the following right of revocation in accordance with the revocation instructions.
A. Cancellation policy
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the date of conclusion of the contract.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send us, Leipziger Dok-Filmwochen GmbH, Katharinenstraße 17, 04109 Leipzig, E-Mail: dokstream [at] dok-leipzig [dot] de by means of a clear statement (for example, a letter sent by mail or e-mail) about your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the attached model withdrawal form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory.
To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most favorable standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and no later than within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment.
Premature expiry of the right of withdrawal
Your right of withdrawal shall expire prematurely in the case of a contract for the delivery of digital content not on a physical data carrier if you have expressly agreed that we commence performance of the contract before the expiry of the withdrawal period and you have confirmed your knowledge that you lose your right of withdrawal by agreeing to commence performance of the contract or if we have performed the service in full.
B. Cancellation form
You can find the following sample revocation form here:
Sample cancellation form
(If you want to revoke the contract, you can use this form).
Leipziger Dok-Filmwochen GmbH, Katharinenstraße 17, 04109 Leipzig
E-Mail: dokstream [at] dok-leipzig [dot] de
I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only in case of paper communication)
(*) Delete as applicable.
- The VoD service is aimed at legally competent persons aged 18 and over.
- The Provider reserves the right to offer developmentally impairing offers with time restrictions, to open the VoD service for other youth protection programs, or to restrict their access by means of an AVS or a youth protection PIN.
- The Provider shall be liable without limitation for all contractual, quasi-contractual and statutory claims, including claims in tort, for damages and reimbursement of expenses for any legal reason:
- in the event of intent or gross negligence,
- in the event of intentional or negligent injury to life, limb or health,
- on the basis of a warranty promise, unless otherwise regulated in this respect,
- on the basis of mandatory liability, such as under the Product Liability Act.
- If the Provider negligently breaches a material contractual obligation, liability shall be limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract, unless liability is unlimited pursuant to the above provisions. Material contractual obligations are obligations which the contract imposes on the Provider according to its content in order to achieve the purpose of the contract, the fulfillment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and compliance with which the Rights Holder may regularly rely on.
- In all other respects, liability on the part of the Provider is excluded. The above liability provisions shall also apply with regard to the liability of the Provider for its vicarious agents and the personal liability of its legal representatives and employees.
The following languages are available for the conclusion of the contract: German, English. In case of disputes about the interpretation of regulations, the German language version shall prevail in case of doubt.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to all legal relationships between the parties. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall not apply. In the case of consumers, this choice of law shall only apply to the extent that the protection granted is not withdrawn by mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the consumer has his habitual residence.
- The place of performance shall be Leipzig. For commercial customers, the place of jurisdiction shall be Leipzig. In the case of cross-border contracts, the exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Leipzig, Federal Republic of Germany (Art.17 EuGVVO).
- Amendments to a contract of use must be made in writing. There shall be no oral or written collateral agreements. Section 126 (3) BGB shall apply.
6 Oktober 2021, Subject to change