Nude models in Leipzig: nudity motivates reflections on injuries and human warmth. A declaration of love to life and bodies that wear their scars with dignity.
Sections (Film Archive)
- A Declaration of Love to Polish Documentary Film (1)
- Animadoc (7)
- Animated to Buy (46)
- Animation Perspectives (3)
- Anniversary: Now and Then – Then and Now (2)
- A Tribute to Jürgen Böttcher (1)
- Best of MDR (10)
- Brothers Quay Night*footnotes (1)
- Country Focus Ex-Yu (3)
- Country Focus Georgia (5)
- Country Focus Turkey (2)
- Cross Media Screening (3)
- DEFA Matinee (2)
- Disobedient Images (1)
- Doc Alliance Selection (2)
- DOK im Knast (13)
- DOK local (4)
- Escaping Realities (1)
- Extended Reality: DOK Neuland (16)
- FilmFestival Cottbus (1)
- Focus Saxony (16)
- (-) German Competition (81)
- German Competition Short Film (45)
- Homage Boris von Borresholm (1)
- Homage Brothers Quay (1)
- Homage John Smith (1)
- Homage Mariola Brillowska (14)
- Homage Peter Nestler (8)
- Homage Peter Voigt (5)
- Homage Werner Herzog (2)
- International Competition (7)
- International Competition Animadoc (5)
- International Competition Animated Film (14)
- International Competition Documentary Film (5)
- International Competition Short Documentary (2)
- International Competition Short Film (6)
- International Programme (124)
- Kids DOK (72)
- Late Harvest (4)
- Leipzig Cycle (3)
- Neue Deutsche Animation (72)
- Next Masters Competition (4)
- Opening Film (1)
- PINK Elephants (6)
- Plagwitz Special (1)
- Post-Angst (6)
- Re-Visions (1)
- Retrospective (20)
- Special Screening (3)
- Special Screening Goethe-Institut (1)
- Special Screening HFF "Konrad Wolf" (1)
- Special Screening LOOKS (1)
- Special Screening MDR (5)
- Special Screening The East Germans (1)
- Strictly Animated (4)
- Symposium (3)
- The Mystic Jakob Böhme and Animation (1)
- We Are Hip Hop (1)
- Werkschau Lutz Dammbeck (5)
- Young Cinema Competition (5)
- Young Guns (52)
Violence, hatred and alienation shaped the lives of this Turkish family in Germany. A very personal account of a failed migration and the attempt to start again.
Four residents of Cologne in a prefabricated highrise on the edge of the city. A story of struggles against addiction and poverty, of lives that used to be different. And of friendship and happiness.
A German in Mumbai, an American in Tokyo and a Korean in Munich are desperately trying to get their driving licenses. Truly, globalisation has not spread to driving a car yet.
Art as a weapon! Graffiti on Cairo’s walls as a medium of rebellion, Egyptian underground artists as the chroniclers of events. A frenzied trip through colours and rhythms.
Mexico City, a juggernaut of millions of inhabitants, fighting for survival. Its counterpoint is the mythical Axolotl, which does not undergo any metamorphosis but is losing its biotope. A bold portrait of a city.
Shingu Susumu, the Japanese creator of kinetic sculptures, and his attempts to realise his “Breathing Earth” project. The power of the elements transferred to art and film.
Now that the Italian tourists no longer come refugees live in this hotel in the idyllic Bavarian Alps. Their lives intersect, sometimes as comedy, sometimes as tragedy. A different kind of “Heimatfilm”.
A childhood and youth spent in a North Korean internment camp, surrounded by terror and death, and the attempt to build a life after that – a moving biography, intensely narrated.
The chronicle of a psychological disorder, told by relatives and friends. The formally rigorous portrait of a family and a society in which everyone has to function.
On the Swedish coast, the farmer Sven Axel lives with his mother, a few animals and a lot of imagination. He dreams of filmmaking and acting. Now he tries out both.
Weapons in Germany: riflemen and collectors, the parents of the Winnenden victims, a gunsmith with a sense of professional honour. A multi-faceted examination of guilt and responsibility.
About the last residents of a Venice reduced to a Disneyland for cruise ship tourists. Scary images of a city turned capitalist nightmare.
The island was a shared dream that failed. Now all its former inhabitants are bobbing up and down in the harbour on their little boats, mourning, scolding, analysing mistakes.
A “Film about the Father”, the GDR functionary Klaus Gysi. And a film about a state often associated with injustice. Not here: the good communist is a tragic figure.
The NSU nail bomb attack that injured 22 people in Cologne in 2004, where only the victims were suspected later. Complex reconstruction of a scandal.