Sections (Film Archive)
- A Declaration of Love to Polish Documentary Film (1)
- Animadoc (7)
- Animated to Buy (46)
- Animation Perspectives (3)
- Anniversary: Now and Then – Then and Now (2)
- A Tribute to Jürgen Böttcher (1)
- Best of MDR (10)
- Brothers Quay Night*footnotes (1)
- Country Focus Ex-Yu (3)
- Country Focus Georgia (5)
- Country Focus Turkey (2)
- Cross Media Screening (3)
- DEFA Matinee (2)
- Disobedient Images (1)
- Doc Alliance Selection (2)
- (-) DOK im Knast (13)
- DOK local (4)
- Escaping Realities (1)
- Extended Reality: DOK Neuland (16)
- FilmFestival Cottbus (1)
- Focus Saxony (16)
- German Competition (81)
- German Competition Short Film (45)
- Homage Boris von Borresholm (1)
- Homage Brothers Quay (1)
- Homage John Smith (1)
- Homage Mariola Brillowska (14)
- Homage Peter Nestler (8)
- Homage Peter Voigt (5)
- Homage Werner Herzog (2)
- International Competition (7)
- International Competition Animadoc (5)
- International Competition Animated Film (14)
- International Competition Documentary Film (5)
- International Competition Short Documentary (2)
- International Competition Short Film (6)
- International Programme (124)
- Kids DOK (72)
- Late Harvest (4)
- Leipzig Cycle (3)
- Neue Deutsche Animation (72)
- Next Masters Competition (4)
- Opening Film (1)
- PINK Elephants (6)
- Plagwitz Special (1)
- Post-Angst (6)
- Re-Visions (1)
- Retrospective (20)
- Special Screening (3)
- Special Screening Goethe-Institut (1)
- Special Screening HFF "Konrad Wolf" (1)
- Special Screening LOOKS (1)
- Special Screening MDR (5)
- Special Screening The East Germans (1)
- Strictly Animated (4)
- Symposium (3)
- The Mystic Jakob Böhme and Animation (1)
- We Are Hip Hop (1)
- Werkschau Lutz Dammbeck (5)
- Young Cinema Competition (5)
- Young Guns (52)
Land (Film Archive)
Art as a weapon! Graffiti on Cairo’s walls as a medium of rebellion, Egyptian underground artists as the chroniclers of events. A frenzied trip through colours and rhythms.
How does a girl escape the restrictions inscribed in the role of females in a traditional society? By becoming a “Boy”. In Afghanistan, “bachaposh” are girls who are raised as boys.
Weapons in Germany: riflemen and collectors, the parents of the Winnenden victims, a gunsmith with a sense of professional honour. A multi-faceted examination of guilt and responsibility.
What do a hysterical mother, two paramedics and a crazy cow have in common? They guarantee ...
The NSU nail bomb attack that injured 22 people in Cologne in 2004, where only the victims were suspected later. Complex reconstruction of a scandal.
A howl in the wilderness. A shape moves back and forth in the bloody red flickering light of a double fight – against the wolf, but even more against the fear of the wolf. No escape, the razor’s edge – powerfully eloquent.
Hrib, who protested his innocence for more than 20 years, is released from a prison near Bucharest. A painful rehabilitation and growing doubts: Is it all a lie?
The artist’s alter ego, his video game avatar, explores public space. Virtual reality, surveillance, video clip, document, fiction, and a wild ride.
An experimental animated short film using abstract painting to explore the tension field between abstraction and recognisability.
Punk in Weimar, two brothers and a betrayal, prison, departure and action art at the Berlin wall. GDR archaeology bursting with cheerful, noisy anarchy and lines that extend to the present day.
She came from Kosovo at the age of four and has finally arrived after years of “temporary admission”. An example of successful integration, but mainly the fun portrait of a wild chick.
Handmade ink drawings inspired by the music are the basis of this film. They develop into ...